Set forth below are the official rules (the “Official Rules”) for the 2012-13 Colors of Life International Photo Contest (the “Contest”). The Contest Description contained on the Colors of Life website forms part of these Official Rules. By submitting an entry, each entrant (an “entrant” or “you”) agrees to be bound by the Official Rules and warrants that your entry complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules.
By submitting works to the Contest you confirm that for each work submitted:
- You alone are the author of your work and that it is your original work
- You are the sole copyright holder
- You have not licensed any rights in the work that conflict with your participation in the Contest and the rights described herein granted to Colors of Life in connection therewith
- You have the permission of any persons in the work, or if they are under 16, the consent of their parent or guardian, to submit your work to the Contest and grant the rights described herein to Colors of Life in connection therewith
- You have permission from the owners of property shown in the work to submit your work to the Contest and grant the rights described herein to Colors of Life in connection therewith
- That it does not include trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any other third person or entity or content that you have purchased or secured the rights to use, such as stock images and
- That it does not contain names, likenesses, or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead
Colors of Life reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that does not comply with any of the above.
Colors of Life respects photographers’ rights and does not claim copyright for images you submit to the Contest, you will retain full copyright in each entry. Whenever your image is published by Colors of Life you will be credited. Failure to publish a credit due to error or oversight shall not be deemed a breach of this undertaking.
By entering the Contest, you grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive license to Colors of Life, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries (along with a name credit) in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, including, but not limited to: display at potential exhibitions of entries, publication of a catalog featuring entries in the Contest and publication online highlighting entries or winners of the Contest. In connection therewith, entrants consent to the Colors of Life doing or omitting to do any act that may otherwise infringe entrants’ “moral rights” in their entries.
The framed prints or digital images of the 30 finalist photographs may subsequently be loaned or rights therein granted by Colors of Life to galleries, museums and cultural organizations of high artistic quality or otherwise used for educational purposes only. Following the exhibitions and events organized by Colors of Life in connection with the Contest, such finalist prints and/or images may be donated or rights therein granted by Colors of Life to organizations providing support or care for women or rights granted for educational purposes or raising awareness about the condition and prospects for women and girls, to be selected by Colors of Life.
The first, second and third prize-winning photos and the two honorable mention photos will become part of The World Bank’s permanent art collection. Entrants agree that in the event that one of their submissions wins one of these prizes, Colors of Life may donate or grant rights therein to The World Bank in connection therewith.
By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, and hold harmless Colors of Life and its sponsors, partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of its participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activities, including any breach of the representations and warranties set forth in “OWNERSHIP AND PERMISSIONS” above.
This contest is void where prohibited. Entrants agree that this Contest shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the District of Columbia and the forum for any dispute shall be in the District of Columbia, United States of America.
Colors of Life reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. If Colors of Life elects to cancel or terminate the Contest, Colors of Life will not retain any rights in the submitted photographs, and will return the fees submitted with each entry.
Entrants agree that personal data, including your name and location, may be processed, shared, and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the Contest and any other purposes outlined in these Official Rules. Personal data will be used by Colors of Life and its affiliates exclusively for the purposes stated herein.